Verbology
Thursday, May 05, 2005
  The SWITCH, SANJAY's WIT and GOOD FRIEND RAHUL
Yes after lots of voyeuristic oohs and aahs on the apple.com site and the mac stores here in Singapore and in Malaysia, the switch has finally happened ! I am now the proud owner of a MAC MINI, the latest Apple machine to hit the world and Microsoft ! Gosh its lovely, gosh its easy, gosh its pretty, gosh its almost invisible, gosh... !

So the love affair with iLife, iWork and other yummy easy to use and intuitive software has started for me. So the next big presentation for work that I am creating will be on this machine which i will convert into a quicktime move to play on my windows laptop infront of 60 odd employees ! Hopefully the lovely slides, the lovely transitions and the funky music I put together on GarageBand, Apple's music composition software will keep them awake :-) My Mac Mini and my Play Station Portable go together very well ! Synching movies, music and photos to and fro is just a dream... So the next time I have to go to Bangkok, I can rely on my PSP to dish out the entertainment and not the lousy airplane entertainment...

BTW I just got inspired to restart blogging after I stumbled upon my colleague in Gurgaon, India's blog. Sanjay Lakhotia who was one of my first managers when I joined my present organization in New Delhi on the 1st of June 1999 straight from IIM Kolkata. Yes some memories there ! Sanjay - good postings about the dilemmas of consultants. As usual very very witty ! (DC and I were just discussing your and Avneet's sense of humour ) Way to go ! Keep up the posts ! Hopefully I can... Link to Sanjay's blog http://sanjaylakhotia.blogspot.com/2005/05/kya-consultant-hai-hum.html

Good wishes out to dear friend Rahul Batra who is right now in Dubai interviewing for a role with a premier global consulting firm. Currently pursuing his MBA at INSEAD in Singapore, Rahul and I started our working life in New Delhi at my current organization's New Delhi office. He stayed for about 4.5 years moving to Mumbai and eventually Singapore in the bargain when he left for new experiences in strategy consulting and then the MBA. He deserves the best out there. So All the best !
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Can Communicate or Cannot?

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

29 Year old. Working in Singapore. Originally from India. Married with a boy of 4.

ARCHIVES
May 2004 / June 2004 / May 2005 /


Powered by Blogger